Krill is a lobster-like creature or crustacean, red and small, found in the Atlantic Ocean. The oil extracted from this creature contains vital fatty acids such as EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). Since it consists of Omega-3 fatty acids, it is used as a substitute for fish oils. You can order krill oil supplements from any Australian store. After all, it has many benefits, and you can consume them for good health. If you are still hesitant or baffled about purchasing this supplement, you can read this article further and learn the advantages.
- It can boost your heart health: Several Australians suffer from cardiovascular diseases. One of the causes of death among Australians is coronary heart disease. According to the Australian Government Department of Health, coronary heart disease has resulted in 11 per cent of deaths. With help of krill oil, it can improve heart health immensely. It consists of fatty acids, which can reduce triglycerides and cholesterol in the blood. In addition, it can boost circulation. According to a 7-week research, 113 volunteers benefitted from krill oil and improved their heart health.
- It can lower your blood sugar levels: According to a website, hyperglycemia (high blood sugar levels) is common worldwide and affects people with diabetes. Your blood sugar levels must not exceed 140 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL). Instead, it should be in the standard range. If you don’t treat hyperglycemia, it can result in symptoms such as increased thirst, blurred vision, dry mouth and unintentional weight loss. Furthermore, it can put your health at risk by causing stroke and kidney disease. A good diet and lifestyle are essential to control and reverse hyperglycemia. Research in 2014 showed that glucose or blood sugar could be reduced with krill oil. Another study in 2015 states that 1000 mg of krill oil daily can increase glucose sensitivity and make insulin efficient.
- It can ease symptoms of PMS: PMS (Premenstrual syndrome) is common among women. As per a website, three out of four menstruating women have experienced premenstrual syndrome. Some signs and symptoms include depression, irritability, tender breasts, fatigue, mood swings and food cravings. A study by Canadian researchers suggests that krill oil allows women to manage painful periods and emotional symptoms of PMS. In another study, some women participants consumed fish oil, whereas others took krill oil. The women who consumed krill oil required fewer painkillers than those who consumed fish oil.
- It helps in weight loss: According to Better Health Channel, Australians are overweight and obese, and the figures are steadily increasing. So, essentially, weight gain is a significant concern in Australia. Weight gain can lead to hypertension or high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, gallbladder disease, stroke, high LDL cholesterol, and type-2 diabetes. Hence, it is essential to maintain a healthy weight by exercising regularly and eating a well-balanced diet. Apart from diet and exercise, you can also take krill oil supplements.
- It can improve brain function and memory: Consuming krill oil can boost brain functioning and memory. According to research, low levels of Omega-3 fatty acids lead to memory loss. Hence, it is crucial to order krill oil Research in the Journal of Clinical Interventions in Aging suggests that cognitive function in the elderly was improved after taking krill oil supplements. Those with Alzheimer’s disease can also benefit from consuming them.
There are various other health benefits of taking krill oil. You can consult your doctor for the proper dosage. You can find the supplements online and purchase them right away.